We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Courgette soup
This chilled soup is perfect for the warm summer months. The perfect starter for any dinner party.
7 people made this
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 3 courgettes, peeled and sliced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- croutons to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr55min
- Add the chicken stock to a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in another saucepan and cook the leeks until tender. Add the courgettes and curry powder, mix well, then pour the hot chicken stock all over.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, then add the creme fraiche and liquidise with a hand blender. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour then stir the soup before pouring it into 4 glasses. Decorate with croutons and feta cheese. Serve chilled.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (1)
An absolute hit. Great hot or cold - my family actually preferred it hot (without the need for feta) Very simple to make. So easy and quick to prepare. Ps. Don't be tempted to over-do the crème fraiche. I added a little too much one day and spoiled the lot. Thanks Bibus for a brill recipe!-06 Oct 2015